Saturday, October 11, 2008

Blue Lake Run

There wasn't much Blue Lake in the Blue Lake Run today.  Mostly just a run out past the Troutdale airport and back.  Today was a 15K run and I finished in 1:08:07 (7:19/mile pace), results here.  There was nothing left in the tank at the end.  I got passed by a guy in the last 1/3rd of a mile.  Turns out, he ended up 1st in my age group, so I ended up second.  I finished 15 seconds behind him, but there wasn't even really the possibility I was going to catch him even if I knew (plus, I kind of thought some of the others already in front of me were in my age group).  15K is hard (it's 9.3 miles).  I'm a little concerned about next weekend's half marathon (Sunday 7:30am, ouch!).  It's 4 miles further than today.  I'm going to write off having a good pace and just go for completion.

I met a couple of work buddies after the race who ran the 5K.  Apparently, the sprint triathlon at Blue Lake is a lot of fun. I'll be taking a break from running soon with the weather getting cooler and wetter, but a sprint triathlon sounds like a good goal for next June.

-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment